Centacare’s PACE Service offers a range of FREE workshops and seminars aimed at increasing awareness of mental health issues. We can deliver presentations on location or online via Zoom.
We generally only deliver presentations on request. If you would like PACE to deliver a presentation for your students, clients or staff please contact us to discuss this further.
Our current workshops include:
“Be BOLD – Break the Mould” – Positive Body Image and Self-esteem program
Be BOLD – Break the Mould was developed by the PACE Team to promote positive body image and self-esteem. Designed for students in years 8 and 9, it is delivered over three 90 minute sessions in high schools. In the program students will learn:
- about the unrealistic standards of beauty promoted in mainstream and social media
- how to avoid unhelpful comparisons
- self-acceptance and how to celebrate their uniqueness
- how to develop a positive self-image
- how to build resilience and self-esteem
The program is delivered free of charge to high schools in South Australia.
Elephant in the Room-a group program for parents, carers and significant others of young people with an emerging mental health issues.
This program is based around education and designed to provide attendees with information and support on caring for and supporting a young person with mental health issues.
- Common mental health issues for young people
- Difference between mental health issues and typical adolescent behaviour
- Responding to mental health issues experienced by young people
- What to do and how to respond to a crisis situation
- Self-care strategies for carers and siblings
Breaking Free From Anxiety
Breaking Free From Anxiety is a Student Mental Health Peer Support Group targeted to students who have emerging anxiety and/or other mental health disorders. The program is facilitated by a Mental Health Peer Worker. Breaking Free From Anxiety is a 9 week program, held every week over one term and addresses a different topic and techniques/strategies each week. Topics can be amended to suit a particular group as required. There will be opportunities for the students to support each other and receive peer support from the facilitator in a supportive group environment. The groups are held on campus and the length of each session will be tailored to the student’s needs and to fit in with their timetable.
Back to PACE homepage.