The EDSS Team employes highly skilled mental health workers which include Peer Workers, Mental Health Support Workers and other professionals.
The EDSS Service provides brief 1-1 individual support to people living with an eating disorder or disordered eating, body image concerns and/or unhelpful relationships with food, and their carer’s. EDSS 1-1 individual support provides short term (12 sessions or 3-6 months) non-clinical support with a highly skilled mental health professional. The sessions can be face-to-face at the Port Adelaide Centacare office or via phone/video call.
1-1 Individuals sessions can support you in the following areas:
- Reduce isolation
- Building pathways to access the community
- Provide hope
- Facilitate with referral pathways
- Facilitate access to services and resources
- Capacity building and skill building
- Sharing knowledge & experiences
- Empower to overcome barriers and challenges
- Self-advocacy support
Back to EDSS homepage.