The EDSS team employs highly skilled mental health professionals which include Mental Health Workers, Peer Workers and other professionals.
EDSS provides 1-1 holistic support to people living with an eating disorder or disordered eating, body image concerns/disturbances and/or unhelpful relationships with food. We extend this support to their carers and networks where extra support may be needed. Support is non-clinical for up-to 6 – 9 months, the sessions can be face-to-face, over the phone, and can support people in their communities and their homes.
1-1 sessions can support in the following areas:
- Reduce isolation
- Building pathways to access the community
- Practical support (meal prepping/shopping/travelling/public transport exposure)
- Provide hope and recovery planning
- Facilitate with referral pathways
- Facilitate access to services and resources
- Capacity building and skill building
- Sharing knowledge & experiences
- Empower to overcome barriers and challenges
- Self-advocacy support
Back to EDSS homepage.