Are you helping a friend or a relative who are in recovery?
Here at EDSS, we’re not just dedicated to helping people on their own road to wellness, we’re also here to provide help and guidance to the family and friends of those recovering from eating disorders or disordered eating, body image concerns and/or unhelpful relationships with food.
Caring for a family member or loved one as they overcome daily challenges takes a special kind of person. Here at EDSS we recognise the hard work and any sacrifices of friends and relatives, and we aim to provide support and resources to you. Here’s how we can help….
We can provide you with information about eating disorders or disordered eating, body image concerns and/or unhelpful relationships with food. In EDSS our highly skilled mental health workers regularly review current evidence base and have up-to-date knowledge or support services available. We can support in referrals to a treatment provider or support service in your area.
If you would like more information, please contact the EDSS Team below.
We can chat to you over the phone or face-to-face at the Port Adelaide Centacare. One-on-one appointments will give you a chance to talk about your situation, what you can do to support your loved one in their recovery, and how you can take care of yourself.
If you would like more information about EDSS’s one to one support, please contact us below.
- The Beyond Blue Guide for Carers- http://resources.beyondblue.org.au/prism/file?token=BL/0445
- SANE Family, Friends and Carers Factsheet- https://www.sane.org/mental-health-and-illness/facts-and-guides/families-friends-carers
- National Eating Disorder Collaboration How to Help page- http://www.nedc.com.au/how-to-help
- Centacare Siblings and Mental Health Factsheet- https://centacare.org.au/wp-content/uploads//services/stis/Sibling-Factsheet.pdf
- Eating Disorders Carer Help Kit- http://eatingdisorderscarerhelpkit.com/
Back to EDSS homepage.