Families who are separated or in the process of change are often faced with making difficult decisions about parenting, care arrangements and division of property.
Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) assists separated parents and grandparents to resolve these issues in dispute.
The service is child-focussed with the needs and interests of young children/people at the centre of any agreements reached, and is guided by our accredited FDR Practitioners working within the family law framework.
In 2006, changes to the Family Law system made Family Dispute Resolution a requirement before applications can be made to the Court for Parenting Orders. Alternatively, FDR may assist families to discuss children’s arrangement or to change the existing Parenting Orders. Exceptions may apply and it is advisable to seek prior legal advice as no legal advice can be given by the FDR practitioners.
Property Mediation is also available for separating/separated couples going through financial settlement using the 4-step process used by the family courts.
Click here for more information on Child Inclusive Mediation.
Family Dispute Resolution is offered in person in the office or via telephone. For more information, or to enquire about how we can help you, please phone (08) 8215 6700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family dispute resolution
- Child inclusive family dispute resolution
- Property mediation
- Education sessions focusing on the needs of children in separating families
- Post-separation groups for children
- Family Law Counselling
- Co-Parent Coaching
Who: Separating couples; Grandparents; families requiring mediation to deal with issues in dispute arising from separation.
How: Clients can self-refer. Referrals are also received from the courts and legal professionals.
Cost: Some fees apply.
Where: FDR support is available in Adelaide, Mount Gambier, Murray Bridge and Salisbury.
- Adelaide – 45 Wakefield St, phone (08) 8215 6700 or 1800 114 040
- Mount Gambier – 13 Penola Rd, phone (08) 8303 6630
- Murray Bridge – 1A/2 Sturt Reserve Rd, phone (08) 8215 6320
- Salisbury – 33 Carey St, phone (08) 8412 9500.
- About FDR
- Children's Care After Separation
- Division of Assets & Liabilities After Separation
- Fees Policy & Referral