If you, or someone you know is aged 12+ and is experiencing an eating disorder or disordered eating, body image concerns/disturbances and/or unhelpful relationships with food, EDSS is here to support you.
EDSS provides a range of non-clinical support services across South Australia, through phone or face to face 1:1/one-to-one support, support groups, information, workshops and presentations.
The EDSS team is comprised of highly skilled mental health professionals which include Mental Health Workers, Mental Health Support Workers, Peer Workers and other professionals. EDSS can support you in your recovery journey and can work adjunct to clinical services to provide wrap around support.
The team can work to support you in the following areas:
- Reducing isolation
- Building pathways to access the community
- Provide hope
- Facilitate with referral pathways
- Facilitate access to services and resources
- Capacity building and skill building
- Sharing knowledge & experiences
- Empower to overcome barriers and challenges
- Support in self-advocacy
- Working in collaboration and partnership with other service providers
Please note, EDSS does not provide clinical assessments, diagnoses, therapies or treat mental health illnesses.
What we do
Check out our newsletters for more information and resources.