THE resilience and spirit of regional communities is on show this month in a series of events – and Centacare’s Drought Assistance team is taking part in the fun!
- Meningie Food Fun & Family Fair, Meningie Lions’ Jubilee Park, Princes Highway, 4pm-9pm.
Held on the shores of Lake Albert, this twilight fair is part of Meningie’s 150th birthday celebrations. There will be fun for the whole family with children’s activities, live local music, circus workshops, native animal and bird displays, food and refreshments. Look out for Centacare’s stall! We would love to speak with you about the support on offer for farmers and families through our drought assistance program.
- Women’s Wellbeing Workshop, Meningie Community Health Centre, 2 South Tce, Meningie, 9.30am to 12.30pm
Learn simple ways to nurture happiness amidst your daily routines, and how to support your partner and family in challenging times. The workshop is free and morning tea will be provided. For more information phone Drought Assistance counsellor Sharon Young on 08 8215 6320.
- Community talk with beyondblue ambassador, Rick Hinge, Hills Community Church, 12 Princes Highway, Nairne, 7-9pm
beyondblue ambassador, Rick Hinge, will share his story and experiences as a farmer living with depression, and how he has helped inspire other men to overcome mental health challenges. A light dinner will be provided. Centacare’s mental health drought practitioners will be present to give advice on how you, too, can help friends doing it tough. For information, phone Centacare’s Murray Bridge office 08 8215 6320.
- Hills Church Market, Hills Community Church, 132 Princes Highway, Nairne, 2pm-8pm
Come and meet us at the twilight Hills Church Market. There will be food, craft and information stalls. Look out for Centacare’s scarecrows – Sam and Sally – handmade by Prospect Hill artist, Vanessa Lidden. Try your hand at balloon craft and sample local produce.
- Tintinara Mental Health First Aid Course, Soldiers Memorial Hall, Becker Tce, Tintinara, 9am-4pm
Learn how to help people with, or in the early stages of, mental illness and how to respond to them in a crisis, at Centacare’s Mental Health First Aid course. The course is free and aims to assist people to manage a healthy work/life balance. Spaces are limited. To register, phone 08 8215 6320.