Young Carer Support Services (YCSS) provides supports to youth aged 5 to 25 years who identify as a young carer living in Northern metropolitan and the Barossa, Lower Light North areas of South Australia.
A young carer is an individual who may provide personal care, support and/or assistance to a family member, friend or loved one who has:
- A disability
- A mental illness
- Frailty due to age or has dementia
- A long-term health condition
- An illness that is terminal
- An alcohol or drug related problem
Through an intensive case management approach, YCSS aims to address young carers’ immediate support needs and assist to address barriers to accessing mainstream services.
Our Young Carer Coordinators will work 1:1 with young carers to assist with providing supports in the following areas:
- Improve young carers’ wellbeing
- Increase engagement in education and employment
- Strengthen connections to communities, support networks and services
The program provides mentorship services and assists in accessing supports with the young carers, until appropriate longer-term supports are in place, or identified goals are reached.
Download our brochure here
Direct referrals can be made to YCSS by:
- Completing the online referral found here
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- via telephone call: (08) 8412 9570 on Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm