We are committed to supporting and improving the wellbeing of people with intellectual disability and their families. Centacare has short-term respite options for families to help provide a ‘homely’ atmosphere where they will receive support which meets their dietary and personal care needs during their stay.
These services are available for both weekend and school holiday short-term stays:
Kolbe Cottage and Northern Respite Service provide individuals with opportunities for individual growth and development as they participate in centre and community-based activities, such as:
- developing independent living skills and personal life skills including participation in meal planning and cooking and cleaning
- training in planning and plan management
- development of skills for community, social and recreational participation
- maximising independence and self-confidence through mentoring and peer support
- public transport training and support
- positive behaviour support and management
- access to our Development Educator for Life Skills and Program Planning
Who: People with intellectual disability – still living in the family home. All individuals eligible for NDIS must have an NDIS package. Individuals who bring their own funding can participate in the program. For Kolbe Cottage, children must be between the ages of five and 18 years. For Northern Respite Service, adolescents and adults must be between the ages of 13 and 40 years.
How: Contact Centacare directly.
Where: These services are available for people located across the metropolitan Adelaide area.
Contact: Disability Services is based at 45 Wakefield Street in Adelaide. You can reach them on (08) 8215 6700 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to service list