Centacarerlu tampinthi ngadlu yaitya Kaurna yartangka tikanthi. Ngadlu tampinthi Kaurna Miyurna yaitya mathanya Wama Tarntanyaku.
Centacare acknowledges that we are living on Kaurna land. We recognise the Kaurna people as the owners / custodians of the Adelaide Plains.
About the program
Dad’s Business delivers a range of inclusive activities for fathers in the Playford area. The program provides relaxed and non-judgmental group environments where dads can be themselves and share their experience of parenting.
Check our flyers for courses’ details and dates.
Dad’s Business gives you the tools to:
- Recognise the value of fathers in family and children’s lives
- Enhance wellbeing in fatherhood
- Connect with your children, be an involved parent, and have a positive influence on child development
- Strengthen the parent / child relationship
- Build a strong parenting team
- Develop positive family relationships to support children to reach their full potential
- Connect to community services and supports as required
Dad’s Business works with fathers of children aged from 0 to 12 years, who live in the Playford region.
Working with other services
We will support you to connect with other services based on your individual needs.
What we do
The Dad’s Business program aims to enhance dads’ health and wellbeing, improve connectedness to community, and support dads to develop positive relationships with their families and child/ren aged 0-12. Support is inclusive of all people who identify as a father including expectant and new fathers, step-fathers, and fathers whose children don’t live with them.
Dad’s Business program activities are delivered from Dads Business Headquarters at Elizabeth Rise Shopping Centre. We provide information, referral and support to Playford families, and warmly welcome dads/fathers from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistic Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Dads can be referred to Dads Business by services or they can self-refer. Any fathers requiring support first talk with the Dads Business Dads and Fatherhood Worker to discuss their expectations and hopes. They can then choose from a variety of non-formal but informative programs. (Bookings are essential for all groups as numbers are limited)
The Dad’s Business program offers a range of support, activities, parent education and non-formal programs including:
- Dads Time – One-on-one support from the Dads and Fatherhood worker for a range of fatherhood and men’s topics. Need support and not sure where to turn? Book an appointment now. (Bookings essential).
- Circle of Security Parenting – A six-week parenting course to help you understand your child’s behaviour, help your child organise their feelings, help you enjoy a more fulfilling relationship with your child, and help your child feel secure now and into the future.
- Bringing up Great Kids – A parenting program promoting respectful and caring relationships between fathers and their children. Learn parenting techniques which ensure your child/ren grow up happy and healthy.
- Seahorse – A six-week course designed to provide expecting or new dads/fathers with skills to navigate the early stages of family life (best suited to those expecting or with children aged 0-12months.
- Dads Plus – A six-week course designed to provide all dads/fathers with children aged 0-12 years with the skills required to provide solid foundations and optimal growth for children and the entire family unit.
- Dads and Fathers’ Social Group– A weekly drop-in group held during school terms for dads to meet other dads in a relaxed non-judgmental environment. Discuss anything relating to family or personal wellbeing.
Who: Dads with children aged 0-12 years
Where: Shop 7a Elizabeth Rise Shopping Centre | 26 Hamblynn Rd, Elizabeth Downs
Contact: Phone the Dad’s Business team on (08) 8412 9500.
Dad’s Business activities are a part of the Communities for Children initiative and are funded by the Department of Social Services via our facilitating partner AnglicareSA.
Dad’s Business activities provide the opportunity to link families with available community resources and services, encourage social connectedness, and provide strong messages around child development and healthy lifestyle choices.Back to service list