National Child Protection Week (September 3-9) is an opportunity for everyone in the community to think about how we can work together to keep all children safe.
Centacare will mark the start of this important week with a special event at our Wakefield St office on Monday, from 10.30am.
Hosted by Seven Network presenter Rosanna Mangiarelli, the event will explore the theme `It takes strength…’
It takes strength to be a voice for children. It takes strength for families to overcome challenges in their lives. It takes strength to make positive change.
As part of the event, Rosanna will interview a panel of child protection experts, with a focus on the role Centacare is playing in supporting vulnerable children and families.
You can play a part in this too! Even small actions can help to improve a child’s future. By building stronger communities, we are creating safer environments for our children.
Wondering how you can help? NAPCAN has these tips:
- Be a good role model for children
- Be kind to children, parents (and yourself!)
- Take the time to really listen to children and believe them if they tell you something
- Learn about what help services are available so you can support others if they need help
- Don’t judge other parents and families; remember that we’re all trying our best
- Look out for all children, not just your own
- Be a friendly, helpful member of your local community
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help or to ask someone if they need help
- Check out our these Tip Sheets for more ideas about how to play your part