Centacare is a quality accredited organisation and one of South Australia’s most progressive and vibrant agencies.
- Full-time position
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Social and Community Services Employee – Level 5
- Salary Packaging Available
This role is for a specialist in the Alcohol and Other Drug Sector, and the position will work as part of the Centacare Comorbidity Team.
Professional Training and Development Program
- Accredited training in Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) and Mental Health provided to community services professionals internal to Centacare and the broader sector, targeting AOD services, and services targeting CALD and Indigenous clients.
- Diploma in Alcohol and Other Drugs and Mental Health
- Non- Accredited training – workshops will be provided to teams and program managers. The goal of the workshops is to increase their understanding and competencies of co-occurring mental health and AOD, and how to support these clients within their organisations.
Primary Consultation – Specialist brief intervention provided to clients who have complex co-occurring mental health and AOD issues.
This consultation will involve:
- Input at case conferences
- Brief intervention with complex clients – change work
Secondary Consultation – Workers are supported in their work with clients who have coinciding mental health and AOD issues, with the aim of increasing confidence and capacity of workers when working with this client group.
This will occur through:
- Phone consultation
- Sharing of resources including tools such as assessment tools, information on specific drug or alcohol and the impact of mental health medication.
- Support understanding and implementation of the use of outcome measure (mental health and AOD)
- Applicants must be willing to undertake a Police Check Clearance and hold a current Driver’s License.
- Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For enquiries regarding the position, please contact Gabrielle Preston, Team Leader, Education & Training Services on (08) 8215 6822.
Applicants are to address the 5 Key Performance Indicators(1 paragraph each) as per the Position Description and include a CV listing contact details of three referees and either:
Team Leader, Education & Training Services
Centacare Catholic Family Services
45 Wakefield Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Applications must be received by 5:00pm Monday, 8th February 2016.