Centacare’s Murray Mallee and Adelaide Hills Domestic Violence Service is running a FREE course to support women who have been affected by or are currently experiencing domestic violence.
The aim is to assist women who are in an abusive relationship – or have left a violent relationship – to better understand their experiences, seek support from others in a similar situation, and learn skills to begin healing and live a life free of fear.
Topics covered in the program include:
– What is domestic violence?
– Myths and facts about domestic violence
– Impact of domestic violence on women and children
– The cycle of violence
– Why women can find it hard to leave an abusive relationship
– Women’s rights to a healthy relationship
– Healing and moving on
The seven-week program starts on Friday, February 23, and will run from 10.30am to 1pm every Friday, at our Murray Bridge site, 55 Adelaide Rd, Murray Bridge, with the last session on Friday, April 13.
For more information or to book a place in the course, please phone case managers Pam and Anne on 82156320.