In response to COVID-19, Centacare Catholic Family Services has implemented immediate measures to safeguard and support staff, volunteers, and our clients.
The situation continues to evolve and Centacare is committed to minimising risk while mindful of the need for the well to support those who are not.
Based on current advice, Centacare has put practices in place across each of our regional and metropolitan sites.
These measures will be reviewed daily as we respond to the ever-changing environment we are now working and living in.
At this stage, all Centacare sites and services remain open. Were this to change, well-developed service continuity plans will be enacted.
Immediate practices to minimise risk of COVID-19 include:
- Strict self-isolation protocols
- Limiting non-essential travel
- No interstate work-related travel
- No non-essential events and meetings at Centacare sites
- No external group meetings at Centacare sites
- Cancelling all training until April 30
- Increased phone contact in place of face-to-face support
As part of our continuity plan, the nature of some Centacare service delivery may change in the short-term as we act in accordance with the most recent advice.
However, we remain committed to providing clients with the highest possible level of support under the circumstances.
We will continue to communicate with our community openly and regularly regarding COVID-19.