The PACE Service provides a number of early intervention programs for young people in both Primary and Secondary school. PACE is able to offer presentations on the following topics:
- Body Image and Self-Esteem- The Be Bold Program covers several areas of body image and self-esteem including: Influences on body image, including how exposure to the media can influence the way we think and feel about our bodies, exploring how ‘beauty’ has changed within history, and across cultures, developing a healthy focus instead of a body (appearance) focus, and increasing our resilience and self-esteem.
- Anxiety Management: Breaking Free from Anxiety Program. The Breaking Free from Anxiety Program is a psycho-educational program which provides a run-down of anxiety disorders and how they work, brief strategies to calm our bodies, developing more balanced thinking to tackle excessive worry, developing self-confidence, assertive communication, and perfectionism.
For Organisations and Community
The PACE Service is able to deliver presentations and short-term group programs to organisations and within the community to raise awareness and education about anxiety, OCD and Eating Disorders. Available presentations include:
Journey of Recovery from;
- Anxiety (60 minutes)
- OCD (60 minutes)
- Eating Disorders (60 minutes)
The Journey to Recovery series covers some education each of the disorders listed above, brief strategies on how to manage the symptoms, common approaches to treatment, improving mental wellbeing with our lifestyle choices, and where to seek professional help.
- Thriving in a Crisis (60 minutes): This presentation was developed to help people manage worry, stress and anxiety during the COVID-19 Pandemic. This presentation covers education about stress and anxiety, maintaining routines and connection during the pandemic (or any other stressful event), improving our mental wellbeing with lifestyle choices, relaxation strategies, and where to seek professional help.
- Managing Anxiety and Depression (60 minutes): This presentation covers anxiety and depression disorders, how they manifest as symptoms in our bodies and the way we think, brief strategies to manage these symptoms, treatment options, and where to seek professional help.
- How to Support people with Anxiety, OCD or Eating Disorders (3hrs or 1hr per topic): This presentation is designed to provide education to workers and organisations who support people experiencing anxiety, OCD or eating disorders. The presentation covers information about each disorder, as well as strategies which can be provided to clients, and where to access further help. The presentation covering all three disorders will run for 3 hours. Organisations also have the option to select one of the three disorders for a 1 hour presentation or a short-Term group- Anxiety Management: Breaking Free from Anxiety Program, 4 x 60 minute program for people experiencing symptoms of anxiety.
The Breaking Free from Anxiety Program is a psycho-educational program which provides a run-down of anxiety disorders and how they work, brief strategies to calm our bodies, developing more balanced thinking to tackle excessive worry, developing self-confidence, assertive communication, and perfectionism. This group is a good fit for clients of job agencies, parenting groups or childcare centres, community wellbeing hubs and youth who are disengaged from mainstream school.
Please Contact PACE to book in a presentation or group. Enquires can be directed to: 8303 6660 or email@example.com
Back to PACE homepage.