Challenges in life can present relationship difficulties and other issues which require adjusting to new circumstances.
Centacare provides confidential counselling support to individuals, couples, families and children. Our emphasis is on safe and respectful family interactions while maintaining a child focus.
As your counselling will be undertaken by a Family Counsellor, Sections 10A to 10E of the Family Law Act apply. This means that any communication made by you to your Family Counsellor may be confidential and will not be admissible in any Court except in certain exceptional circumstances.
The Department of Social Services’ Family Law Services is a sub-activity of the Families and Children Activity, funded by and under the policy responsibility of the Attorney-General’s Department.
Centacare Catholic Family Services is authorised to deliver the Family Law Counselling Program through the Family Law Services sub-activity.
Centacare Catholic Family Services authorises it’s Family Relationship and Family Law counsellors as a family counsellor per Section 10C(b) of the Family Law Act 1975.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds and lifestyles, and interpreting services can be used where needed.
In addition, we offer a counselling program to Catholic schools in South Australia, with services delivered by innovative and highly skilled children’s counsellors.
Counselling can help with:
- Grief and loss
- Coping with change – in relationships, family, lifestyle, ageing, disability and illness
- Relationship difficulties
- Parenting, step-parenting and parenting post-separation
- Children coping with separation
- Behavioural issues
- Communication difficulties
- Emotional and sexual issues
- Family crisis and/or trauma
- Family violence issues
Download the Family Relationship Counselling brochure or Children's Counselling brochure for more information.
Who: Families, couples or individuals. You can be referred or self-refer.
Where: Counselling services are available at Centacare sites in Adelaide, Aldinga, Elizabeth, Mount Gambier, Murray Bridge, and Gilles Plains at Wandana Community Centre.
Cost: Fees are charged on a sliding scale with provision for those who are in financial difficulty. For individual client fees please click here
- Adelaide: 45 Wakefield Street, (08) 8215 6700
- Aldinga, How Road, (08) 8215 6310
- Elizabeth, The Centa, 34 Yorktown Road, (08) 8252 2311
- Mount Gambier, 13 Penola Road, (08) 8303 6630
- Murray Bridge, 1A/2 Sturt Reserve Road, (08) 8215 6320
- Gilles Plains, Wandana Community Centre, 14 Blacks Road, (08) 8261 8124
- Port Adelaide, 78-80 St Vincent Street, (08) 8203 6660 or (08) 8215 6700
Email for all services: firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to service list