Young mothers need support and care – both for them and their children. That is where Centacare steps in to assist … with the services at Hannah Place.
Hannah Place provides support and accommodation to young women who are pregnant or parenting and require support with their pregnancy and parenting to maintain that important bond between mother and baby.
Based in Pooraka in Adelaide’s northern suburbs, Hannah Place houses young women in their own self-contained unit, with support, information, referral and advice provided by Hannah Place staff.
Groups among the young women are held in conjunction with specialist visiting services and sessions and include cooking, craft, residents meeting, education about healthy relationships, parenting and the Innovative Community Action Network (ICAN).
Who: Young women under 18 years of age who are clients of Families SA and:
- are either pregnant or have young infant/s in their care
- are under Guardianship of the Minister (GOM)
- are under a Voluntary Custody Agreement
- have been assessed as having a High Risk Infant
- are in inappropriate living arrangements
- are in need of parenting support and stability
Where: Hannah Place is located at Pooraka in Adelaide’s northern suburbs.
How: Referrals are made through:
- Families SA Placement Services Unit or Families SA Offices statewide.
- For Aboriginal clients, consultation will take place with the Families SA Principle Aboriginal Cultural Consultant and Centacare Aboriginal Leadership Group throughout the referral process and the client’s placement.
Contact: The team at Hannah’s Place on (08) 8162 9177 or by email email@example.com.
Back to service list