Do you identify as being at risk of domestic violence? Centacare is running a free workshop to support women who have been affected by, or are currently experiencing, domestic violence.
The aim is to assist women who are in an abusive relationship – or have left a violent relationship – to better understand their experiences, seek support from others in a similar situation, and learn skills to begin healing and live a life free of fear.
The seven-week program starts on Friday, May 11, and will run from 9.30am to 12 midday every Friday, at Mount Barker Community Centre, with the last session on June 5.
Topics covered in the program include:
– What is domestic violence?
– Myths and facts about domestic violence
– Impact of domestic violence on women and children
– The cycle of violence
– Why women can find it hard to leave an abusive relationship
– Women’s rights to a healthy relationship
– Healing and moving on
For more information or to book a place in the course, please phone case managers Pam and Anne on 82156320.